Damien Rinaldo

Boris the Cuttery opened in 2012, winning the 2014 Hair Expo Award for Best New Salon Design for its strong, distinctive brand integration. Armed with the unique ‘cool-ness’ of a fictional and uber-creative character called Boris, Damien’s priority, these days, is to attract talented, bright people into the industry. “I want to lead with love not fear,” Damien said. “I am a big advocate for salons building great teams and treating staff well.”

Damien’s salon has a reputation throughout South Australia as a good place of employment. The best hairdressers in Adelaide try to get a job at Boris, but Damien can’t hire any more staff, preferring to keep the salon at a boutique size. Boris’ staff just love working there. Not only is it a stamp of honour to be at Boris, but they also see it as a place to build their careers. Most staff employed on day one are still there and have progressed their careers with 95% of the team working at senior level and the other 5% at junior.

Another high point for Damien, during the last year, was team member, Tiffany Decaux’s win of the 2016 AHFA South Australian Hairdresser of the Year Award. Boris the Cuttery’s fourth major ‘gong’ in its four year history.

Continuing his ambassador work for L’Oreal, Damien mentored the young ID Artists for their big stage event, Colour Jam, held in Melbourne; for L’Oreal he was a guest editor for an issue of The Factory; and taught cutting workshops in South Australia and Darwin for Excellent Edges. Other recent session highlights include a collaborative shoot for L’Oreal with fellow industry legend, Caterina Di Biase and Hair Directorship of the 2016 Adelaide Fashion Festival.

In another leadership initiative, Boris the Cuttery has opened its doors to other salon owners. Its’ positive energy and go-getting approach attracts other salon owners to call in to swap and bounce ideas or discuss industry issues. Damien is an industry ‘go to’ man, much respected by his peers.

For more information, please contact: Damien Rinaldo at Boris the Cuttery on 0417 826 827 or 08 8331 1666.

LogoDamienRinaldo